Monday, February 22, 2010

Sushi in a Private Tea Room

I took my brother and his wife and my sister to a Japanese restaurant in Riverdale called Windy's Sukiyaki, that I heard was really excellent. I loved the atmosphere. They have private tea rooms that you can reserve where you sit at a short traditional Japanese table. (They do hide a pit underneath it so you can still sit normally instead of spending the whole meal Indian style.) But was relatively disappointed in the quality of the food. Their Gyoza (pot stickers)was good, but not great. They serve their Edamame cold (I prefer mine warm). If you ever go there don't order the Tsukemono, identified on the menu simply as 'Japanese Pickles,' it's not a pickle, it's random items that have been pickled. It was NOT tasty. My sister and I shared an order of Teriyaki Chicken, which was good, but again not great. We also had four sushi rolls, the only one of which I actually enjoyed was the Volcano roll. The other three weren't my favorite. My brother kept saying, 'I thought you like sushi.' Normally yes, I do. But, even my brother and his wife had to admit that this sushi wasn't the greatest. So if you are going only for the ambiance, or if you live close, it's a nice place. It's just not worth traveling for.

1 comment:

Jason and Abby said...

Lover....you need to come have sushi with Jason and I. There is a place in Ogden that is superb.... Tona :)